A handwritten signature or message can add a personal touch to medals, awards, and more. Whether you want to customize it to recognize a job well done, honor someone's service, or memorialize a loved one, adding a signature makes for a unique memento.
You want the replicated signature to look exactly like the real deal, right?
Follow these tips to make sure your finished piece turns out great.
- Start with a blank white piece of paper.
- Use a strong, bold line.
- Writing utensils (in preferred order):
- Felt tip pen
- Black pen (no other ink colors).
- If providing multiple signatures, sign/write without overlapping characters and print the corresponding name next to each signature.
*For your convenience, print and fill out the template below.
How to Capture Your Signature and Send the File
- Scan a high-res pdf.
Take a photo with a smartphone.
*Take the photo directly overhead and as straight as possible for best results.
Email the signature document/file to your Sales Associate.
Things to Avoid
- Signing with a regular pen or pencil.
Pen colors other than black.
Signing lined paper or any color other than white.
*Below is a photo that illustrates a poorly written signature VS. a good one.
Pretty simple, right? By following these best practices, you can be certain the file you send is useable so that the signature or handwriting on your custom award looks impeccable.